Sony PlayStation 3 is one of the best gaming consoles available in the market. If you own it, then you must be already familiar that with it, you can stream movies , tv shows and games on TV. Connecting PS3 to TV is pretty simple task. I’m explaining the step by step procedure on how to do so.
Ways to connect PS3 to TV
Choosing Connection Cable
- The very first process to choose the connection cable. For this, simply inspect TV (HDTV with HDMI, Analog TV) to find out which connection cables are meant for you.
- To have best quality streaming, it’s recommended to get a HDMI cable. But not have HDMI port on TV then don’t worry buy high resolution component cable or s-video cable. Here s-video cable is not carrying high definition signals so there will be huge drop in picture quality occurs.
- After you are done with the cable selection work, move to the next section. Before that, make sure to have fast Internet connection with you.
Connecting PS3 to TV
You are all set to connect the PS3 to TV. For that, do follow the below mentioned steps.
- Place the PS3 Console near the TV. Turn off both devices before you connect them.
- Now you need to connect the video cable which chosen by you from upper procedure to the back side of your TV. Just for your info, component and A/V cables are color coded while the HDMI cable comes in a wide hexagram shape.
- It’s time to connect the audio cables to your TV. For those using HDMI cable, this step is not required to be followed. If you are using component or composite cable, then make the connection as per the color codes.
- Connect video cable to the back of your PS3 Console.
Enabling the Internet on PS3
- If you have got Wi-Fi connection, then the things are easy for you. In case you have Wi-Fi router, then you need to spend money on Ethernet cable.
- In the back of PS3, the second port from the left is Ethernet port. Connect one end of Ethernet cable to it.
- The free end of the cable should now be connected to the cable modem.
- Again, look at the back of your PS3 console. On the far right side lies the port for power. Connect the AC Power cord that you got with your console, to it.
- Other end of power cord should be connected to the wall outlet.
- Start the power supply to your PS3, TV and Modem. In case you are using Wi-Fi router, power it on.
- You will have to wait for few minutes so that devices get recognized.
- Make sure the input on your TV is set to receive content from the Console. For this, you need to press the ‘Input’ button on your remote. This process is quite simple and varies as per the brand of TV you have got.
- In the Xross Media Bar (XMB), keep scrolling until you find the icon meant for Network Settings.
- Now press the Enter on Internet connection.
- Keep scrolling until you get to the icon meant for Internet Connection Settings.
- Test the connection now. If it’s successful, then you are all set to start using your PS3 Console.
That’s it. You have successfully connected the PS3 to TV. Hit the below given comment box with your queries, if any.