How to Connect iPad Air to TV

Apple iPad Air the new tablet device released by Apple. Many Apple lovers got it on first day after standing in long queue for whole night and day. Many of Apple lovers still not have new iPad Air and want to buy then visit Amazon store for cheap price.

Still having confusion regarding why you want to mirror iPad Air to TV and what you going to get ? Then let me tell you it’s very helpful and by doing this you can watch latest movies , tv shows (Amazon free 30 days trial) and videos from your iPad to TV and other side you continue to work / read / surf on iPad Air .

iPad Air, Apple iPad Air, iPad Air Photos , iPad Air Pictures , iPad Air Images , iPad Air Pics

You may also like :

Connect iPad Air to TV / Computer / Projector

To do the same you need to purchase some of cables and devices from Amazon or Apple store because without it there is no possibilities to connect it.

If you want to connect device with HDTV then you need is :

After having those two things just connect iPad Air to AV Adapter using lightning port and then connect adapter and HDTV using HDMI Cable. And then turn your TV on and switch on HDMI input option.

Now if you would like to connect iPad Air to Analog TV, PC or Projector then buy required cable and component avail below and follow simple steps :

After you have this adapter just connect PC, Projector or Analog TV using VGA Cable . After doing so plug in lightning port to your iPad Air and it’s done. Here is full video tutorial which helps you to understand .

How to connect iPad Air to Apple TV Wireless

If you are looking for some wireless way to connect device then you must to have Apple TV . So if you do have Apple TV then it’s well and good but not have it then buy it using link avail above for cheap price. Once you have it then connect use Airplay feature to connect your iPad Air to TV.

Cast iPad Air to TV using Chromecast

Google comes up with latest Chromecast device which cast your any device screen to TV. So if you thinking to buy Google Chromecast then here another way using which you can mirror your iPad air to tv.

After having this Chromecast you suppose to connect it to HDTV HDMI port download Chromecast app from iTunes. Then follow simple set up steps as shown on your screen and it’s done your iPad Air screen will shows up on your TV.

Now it’s done you hooked up your device to tv now enjoy videos, games and many more on HD screen. And if not get success then just give a comment in below box I will respond you surely with solution .

19 thoughts on “How to Connect iPad Air to TV

1. Kathy M

My TV does not have a via connection. Is there a way to connect the near gratin IPads to the older TVs. Thank you. Kathy

2. Kathy M

sorry about previous email. My TV does not have a VGA connection. Is there a way to connect the new generation IPADS to older TVs?

1. Butch Lutz

Easy – lightning to digital AV adapter, then hdmi cord – connect to hdmi/analog converter with rca connections, then run you cables to your old TV. It does work, I do it for karaoke monitor in in my bar room.

3. Joe

This worked a month ago now it seems like Comcast found a way to block it, there is a message on the screen that do to security reasons unable to watch any suggestions ? Thank you

4. Mark

If I buy the lightning to digital av adaptor and cable will it be possible to watch sky go from iPad Air on my TV.
    Regards mark.

1. admin Post author

Yes mark if your iPad got mirrored on TV then you can watch anything on TV which you can watch on iPad.

5. Simone

Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is any difference in quality if I use the AV adapter or Apple TV? I would like to buy the option where the quality on the TV is the best.
    Does it depend on the ipad model, connection method or the TV?

Thank you!!
    Simone

1. admin Post author

Simone there will be minor change in quality if you are using official av adapter product by apple then Apple TV connection , but let me know that if there is other company adapter will be there then surely quality of picture will be degrade at some level.

6. Denise

I want to connect my ipad air 2 to HDMI Tv screen for main purpose of using Pages documents on bigger screen. I do mot have or want comouter monitor. want to use Tv screen. Inhave Apple bluetooth keyboard. I have seen comments that thr Apple adapter is poor resolution. saw it was 720 but dont quite understand that other than seems much lower than ioad screen or tv screen are capable of. would using apple Tv make better resolution or chromecast. thank you for help. Slso as chromecast has usb what adapter is best thank u

1. admin Post author

As such I know apple TV gives better resolution than chromecast , so go with apple TV.

7. Pam

I want to to be able to use my ipad air as a real time camera and display on a larger tv screen for the purpose of large meetings so everyone can see demos. From what I’m reading I just need the lightning to digital and hdmi and then this should work? I’m computer stupid sorry. I know I can do this using my window’s laptop with built in camera but want to make sure I can do this on the ipad air. Thanks.

1. admin Post author

Yes you just do need lightning to digital adapter along with HDMI cable and you can do it.

8. Sally gamble

I’ve managed to get my air play working but the picture quality and sound is terrible how can I fix this?

9. George Ip

I have bought lightning Digital AV adapter with HDMI socket and tried to connect my ipad Air to TV screen but it never works. I though the adapter was faulty and have it replaced but it still did not work. I have tested the HDMI cable which was fine. So the overpriced Adapter was totally useless to me. Any suggestions ?